What we do
Become a Supporting Organisation
Seven Point Plan
Eye Health Aotearoa has a seven-point plan to improve New Zealanders' eye health:
1. Carry out the first-ever National Eye Health Survey to help plan for the future.
2. Educate the public about the importance of taking care of their eyes.
3. Provide funding for eye examinations as a first step to increase equitable access to eye health services for SuperGold cardholders and hard-to-reach populations.
4. Set up a 'New Zealand Vision Bus' where Kiwis in hard-to-reach places can get an eye examination.
5. Make sure people can get treatment quickly to prevent or slow down vision loss.
6. Make sure people with eye disease or vision loss know what their options are and get the support they need as soon as possible.
7. Make sure people with vision loss get vision rehabilitation services as early as possible so they can develop the skills to live the life they choose.
For more information please
for a copy of 'The Eyes Have It' booklet.