What we do
Draft Action Plan 2023
Become a Supporter
Become a Supporting Organisation
Book an Eye Test
Love Your Eyes 2022 Tactile Art Competition Partners
Love Your Eyes 2022 Tactile Art Competition National Judges
Sign the National Eye Health Survey Petition
Eight Point Plan
Eye Health Aotearoa has an eight-point plan to improve New Zealanders' eye health:
1. Campaign for a National Eye Health Survey. As a first step, commission the first New Zealand survey using the WHO Eye Care Situation Analysis Tool (ECSAT).
2. Convene a series of National Policy Dialogues using the ECSAT data as a starting point.
3. Raise public awareness of and educate about the importance of taking care of your eyes. Celebrate World Sight Day annually to highlight the importance of eye health and vision care.
4. Advocate for funded eye examinations as a first step to increase equitable access to eye health services for at risk and hard to-reach populations.
5. Promote the 'New Zealand Vision Bus' programme which will deliver funded comprehensive eye examinations to key groups.
6. Advocate for timely access to quality treatment services to prevent or slow down vision loss.
7. Raise public awareness of the importance of early support for people diagnosed with eye conditions or vision loss.
8. Campaign for Government to ensure rapid access to comprehensive vision rehabilitation, habilitation, and low vision services.
For more information please
for a copy of 'The Eyes Have It' booklet.